This is an independent website that provides information, tips and guides related to Avios.
- How to Collect Avios Guide
- How to Spend Avios Guide
- Avios Zones Explained
- Avios Peak / Off Peak Calendar
- How to Buy Avios
We will show you the most popular ways to collect Avios, as well as the numerous ways you can spend them. We will also explain some of the terminology, as some of it can be complicated to begin with.
Avios UK aims to help answer many questions about Avios, and also gives other relevant and up-to-date information about the reward scheme.
What is Avios?
In November 2011, the British Airways Airmiles program was completely overhauled, resulting in a new loyalty scheme and a new collectable currency unit – the Avios.
Under this scheme, you sign up for an account to collect Avios. Once you have collected enough, you then redeem your Avios. This can be on reduced price flights, but as you will see from our guides, there is much you can spend your Avios on.
There were many changes to the original Airmiles loyalty scheme when it switched to Avios. Airmiles has been totally retired now. This page tells a bit more of the history of Avios and the change from Airmiles.
Our User Guides
We have three main guides to Avios.
1) The collecting Avios guide gives you plenty of information about how, and where, you can collect Avios points.
2) The next guide we made explains the Avios Zones. The zones guide includes real world examples of how many Avios Points and cash you might pay for a journey.
3) And finally, a spending Avios guide, which explains the many ways you can use your Avios.